Be content with what you have, for God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid." - Hebrews 13:5,6

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's time.


I can't wait to spend my whole summer somewhere I love so much. I can't wait to live with you, and I can't even begin thinking of the fun we'll have. The simple smell of rain or the feel of a thunderstorm sends adrenaline through my tired veins. The thought of relaxation fills my mind and leaves me hopeless, writing a paper. I can imagine the grains of sand stick to my bare feet after jumping in, the rush of feelings I get as I watch the sunset shiver in reflection off the water, the wind blowing my hair out of my face as I drive down the highway, the small town hospitality, and the family bonding.

There are not words to describe how I feel about the summers staring into the glittery sky, dipping my feet in the water as the fire flickers on the beach. It couldn't get any better, unless you tie in family. Our kite day should be a blast, and so should the 4th. Swimming, tubing, and gray smoke billowing from the grill. I can't wait. I can't wait to get to know my cousins all over again. I can't wait to just let loose and not care anymore.

School is dragging on, and everyone knows if we are stuck here much longer, we will all lose our sanity. No doubt I will miss my college life, but for three months I can spend my life the way I want. On the beach surrounded by people I can't live without. Having the time of our lives, my friends and I will sit there, with nothing to do. Nothing to worry about. And more importantly, nothing to stress over.

It's impossible to get these thoughts out of my head unless it happens.
It's pure joy, excitement, and love.
Summer cannot come soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. hannahhh, i love reading your blog.
    it is now one of my new fixations.
    your neat and lovely.
    and we shall be artsy one day and write in teaberry!

    ReplyDelete